Blog Awards: they’re like London busses!
Having had none, in the last couple of weeks I’ve received 3: & 2 of those are the same!
Of the 2 I’ve just had the first one I’d already received & it resulted in this post.
And you know what else? I’ve lost track of who (re)sent me these latest 2 awards. Oops, sorry….
I’ve also lost track of the originator of the new award: again, sorry.
So if the guilty parties would like to make their way to the podium please…
The creator of the Memetastic Award gave it the following rules (in her words):
You must proudly display the absolutely disgusting graphic that I have created for these purposes (put it in your post, you don’t have to put it in your sidebar, I think that would seriously be asking too much). It’s so bad that not only did I use COMIC SANS, but there’s even a little effing jumping, celebrating kitten down there at the bottom. It’s horrifying! But its presence in your award celebration is crucial to the memetastic process we’re creating here. If you need a higher resolution version… I totally have one!!
You must list 5 things about yourself, and 4 of them must be bold-faced lies. Just make some shizzle up, we’ll never know; one of them has to be true, though. Of course, nobody will ever know the difference, so we’re just on the honor system here.
You must pass this award on to 5 bloggers that you either like or don’t like or don’t really have much of an opinion about. I don’t care who you pick, and nobody needs to know why.
OK, so here goes: 4 lies, 1 truth
2) I celebrated my 21st birthday in & around the Adventure Sports World Capital: Queenstown, New Zealand. I fell off my jet-ski so many times I flooded the engine & had to be rescued from Lake Wakatipu‘s 4 degree water.
3) For my 30th birthday I had a boys’ night out in a London strip club. I was on antibiotics but went anyway. As a result I was horribly sick after my first pint (which I’d drunk too quickly in all the excitement).
4) On the day of my 40th birthday I was in a hot pool in the snow in the mountains of Iceland; the air temperature was -10.
So what do you reckon? Which is the honest truth, & which are the porkie pies?
And now here are my 5 Award recipients: a ‘reward’ for being among my first subscribers 😉
Chris Passey at Confessions of a Composer
Enjoy, & I look forward to your posts!
UPDATED: The truth is revealed! See my comment of February 12th, below 🙂
- Photo-fest – Queenstown, New Zealand (travelpod.com)
- My First Award…’Meme…’ what?! 🙂 (crazygoangirl.wordpress.com)
- The Couple That Travels Together Stays Together (vegemitevix.com)