I was going to do a post about Jallie’s increasing mobility & agility, & how it’s giving us extra problems: they are now able to climb over the Moses basket barrier we have at the Nursery door, & this morning Ellie climbed out of her cot onto the bed.
But all I can think of today is the earthquake in my home town of Christchurch, New Zealand – this time in the middle of the day. The last report I heard was 65 dead & more expected, many trapped underneath rubble, so many of the familiar landmarks that I grew up with now largely destroyed. It’s already one of the biggest disasters in New Zealand’s history.
I still have a lot of family down there & thankfully they all seem to be OK. There are still big aftershocks & a lot of them are camping under tables, etc. I’m in a slight state of shock & I wish there was more, something, anything, that I could do.
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits Christchurch, New Zealand | The Intersection (blogs.discovermagazine.com)
- UPDATE: 6.3 CHRISTCHURCH EARTHQUAKE LEAVES AT LEAST 65 DEAD. Scores missing. City rocked with aftershocks. (economy4abc.blogspot.com)
- New Zealand: An earthquake hotspot (cnn.com)
- Breaking: Multiple Fatalities Reported in Christchurch, New Zealand Earthquake (firedoglake.com)
- Raw Video Of Christchurch New Zealand Earthquake Devastation [Video] (realestateradiousa.com)
- Earthquake in New Zealand (dickiebo.wordpress.com)